B.B.R.M. Majors

Changing Majors

Changing majors requires applying to another degree program (unless you change majors within the B.B.R.M. program). Each program has its own requirements which are outlined on the Admissions U of G Internal Transfers and Readmission webpage. If you are thinking about changing your degree program or major within your degree program, please consult with your Program Counsellor.

Changing Majors within the B.B.R.M.

You must submit an online Undergraduate Schedule of Studies Change Request Form in order to declare or change your major. The form is under the "Forms for Undergraduate Students Only" section. Once submitted, the form goes to your Program Counsellor for approval and your major will be updated on WebAdvisor. Check My Progress on the Student Planning system through WebAdvisor to ensure it is correct. Processing of your form may take several business days. 

Please note that starting in 2023, students cannot change their major to Food Industry Management.


If you are interested in a secondary area of study, you have the option of declaring a minor. Minors are not mandatory for the B.B.R.M. degree. Degree completion may require more than four years as minors require 5.00 credits.

Note that a maximum of 2.50 credits may be used for both minor and major requirements. For example, if you need ACCT*1220 for your minor, it will be double-counted with your major (i.e. it will count as a requirement for your major, as well as your minor).

To declare a minor, follow the same process as listed above, indicating ‘Minor' rather than ‘Major' under "Specialization Type" on the Undergraduate Schedule of Studies Change Request Form. Consult with your Program Counsellor for more information.

See the current Undergraduate Calendar for the list of minors for the current calendar year. You may need to discuss the calendar year for minors with your Program Counsellor.


Students can also consider certificates as an additional qualification. They require 2.50 - 3.00 credits (depending on the certificate). Certificates are not connected to degree programs, so they will not appear on your parchment when you graduate. You would receive a separate certificate of completion for the certificate. Note the double count limit rule for courses which are required for both your major and the certificate. 

Certificates are run through the Office of Open Learning and Educational Support. Information about certificates is available in the Undergraduate Calendar under Special Study Opportunities.